Join this leading Energy Company and use your education and experience and be recognized and rewarded!
|This key Geosciences position supports development field activities by providing database management and supporting Geologists and Geophysicists with ongoing development drilling activities and integration of field and regional geological knowledge into development prospects.Key duties are, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide database management including loading, entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing and reporting data related to wells, seismic and leases.
- Utilize ARCGIS tools to prepare maps in support of oil and gas exploration and scouting efforts.
- Utilize Linux-based LANDMARK applications such as STRATWORKS to produce analytical interpretation and cross-correlation of well data; ZMAP to enable generation of contoured maps; and OPENWORKS for the storage of well and seismic data and interpretations.
- Prepare slides, montages and reports in support of technical presentations and recommendations.
- Provide software systems support to team personnel and troubleshoot user problems.
- Assist with project development and project surveillance.
- Support the construction of 2D-3D geological models using maps and cross-sections from Landmark Suite Applications and/or Petrel Software in conjunction with geotechnical data from the OpenWorks database.
- Responsible for carrying out his or her work in accordance with the HESMS guidelines and the principles and policies established by the Company.
B.S. Geoscience, Geography, Computer Science or related field.
Experience with ARCGIS tools; LANDMARK applications such as STRATWORKS/Geographix, ZMAP, and OPENWORKS database management tools plus geological modeling software (ie Petrel) and reservoir management software (ie DSS).
Demonstrated strength in MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as time management skills (i.e. able to meet short deadlines and work multiple projects).
Click here to apply online
Visit Energy Careers Job Board
International Energy Engineering Jobs RSS Feed
International Energy Engineering Resume CV RSS Feed
For more information email us